Monday, May 13, 2013

Baby Photography


When our son was born, I knew I wanted to have some professional baby photography done so that we could use the pictures for his birth announcement. By chance, we happened to be at a party one evening at a friend's home and on their refrigerator was an adorable picture of a newborn. I asked who the photographer was and found out she was local and specialized in infants. She liked to photograph them when they were between six and ten days old and would position them in all sorts of cute poses while they slept. I looked her up online and spent hours looking through her amazing portfolio of work. I knew we had to hire her to shoot my son when he was born so I called her and scheduled the session several months before his due date.

Baby Photography

Baby Photography

Baby Photography

Baby Photography

Baby Photography

Baby Photography

Baby Photography

Patience is definitely needed when doing baby photography. Our son didn't quite want to cooperate when the photographer was working, but she was very understanding and just worked around his needs. We were not able to get him to go to sleep, but at the very end of his session, he did nod off for a few minutes and she was able to snap some photos of him sleeping. She brought with her some great props that she used during the photo shoot such as knit hats and cute blankets which she wrapped him up with. We even were able to do some pictures of my husband and I with the baby and those are some of my favorite from that day. The entire process took about two hours and she assured us she got some great pictures. We were eager to see the results which ended up taking another week but in the end we were very pleased and ordered an entire album because we loved them all!

If you are considering hiring someone to do baby photography for you once your newborn arrives, I highly recommend it and suggest you find and book a photographer before your due date. You will always treasure those photos since your son or daughter will never be that small again!

No comments:

Post a Comment